Take a look at our most frequently asked questions to find out more about us. We would love to help in any way we can, so don’t hesitate to give us a call if you have additional concerns!
Is your office sterile?
Over the last few years, sanitation and infection control in healthcare settings have become a topic of media attention and public concern. We recognize the importance of this issue, and we are glad that patients are becoming more aware of it. Patient safety is a top priority in our office at all times, and we believe that should be universal among all medical offices. Unfortunately, that is not always the case, and we urge you to ask this question of any doctor, dentist, or other professional that you visit.
We are happy to outline our sanitation practices:
- We meet or exceed all standards set by OSHA, American Dental Association, Center For Disease Control and other regulatory agencies
- Whenever possible, we use individually sealed, disposable materials to reduce cross-contamination potential
- ALL reusable instruments and hand pieces are cleansed and sterilized
- After each patient, everything is sterilized using an autoclave, which is tested weekly
- All surfaces and equipment in the exam rooms are scrubbed, sterilized, and covered as appropriate
- Our staff wears disposable gloves, eye protection, and facial shields when performing procedures.
What is your scheduling and cancellation policy?
If you would like to set up an appointment, or you need to cancel one, you can call our office at 210-558-3133 and our friendly staff will be happy to help you. We understand how hectic and busy modern life is, and we are committed to providing quality dental care, at your convenience. We work with you to arrange a time and date that fits your schedule. Once your appointment is made, that time slot is reserved for you. We avoid overbooking, so that you won’t have to spend an inordinate amount of time waiting in the reception area. For this reason, we respectfully request that you notify us of any cancellation at your earliest possible convenience, so that we can fill your time slot. Please be aware that a minimum of 24 hours’ notice is required in order to avoid a $40 cancellation fee.
What are your payment and insurance policies?
We make the payment process simple. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover credit cards. We also accept cash or personal checks. Our office staff will submit forms to your insurance company if you would like. To prevent misunderstandings and streamline the insurance billing process, we charge all services directly to the patient, who is ultimately responsible for all fees incurred. We will help you with insurance paperwork and prepare any forms or other information that you may need.
We are here to help. Feel free to call us and ask any questions that you may have.